Casa del Ciliegio
Price: from £350
Located near Ortezzano, Marche, Italy
Large farmhouse, sleeping up to 19 guests in six apartments, with swimming pool (12x6m) open all year.
Formerly a contadino's farmhouse, Casa del Ciliegio has wonderful views of the medieval hill-top town Ortezzano from its lofty perch half way up the side of the Aso Valley.
Its six air-conditioned apartments all have independent entrances, those on the first floor via external staircases.
Strategically the location of this former peasant's house is ideal, set in a rural valley surrounded by fruit trees and vineyards yet with good road links to the Adriatic Sea and the Apennine mountains, both of which can easily be reached in half an hour.
And the property's position in the Ascoli Piceno region of Marche is ideal - in a beautiful valley not far from the picturesque local towns of Ortezzano and Monte Vidon Combatte.
Locally there is much to see and do with dozens of towns and villages worthwhile destinations, each with their own historical value.
Otrezzano itself is home to an interesting medieval tower which dominates the landscape but its history pre-dates this by centuries, with evidence of an Etruscan settlement in the area and was destroyed by the Romans in 269 B.C. before later being rebuilt.
- Each apartment has a private entrance and the following:-
- Mix of 18th or 19th century and modern furniture
- Fully equipped kitchen including oven, fridge with freezer compartment, washing machine and dishwasher
- Air conditioning in bedroom
- Bathroom with shower
- TV and communal internet access
- Outside dining area or veranda
- communal outdoor barbecue
- mountain bikes
- Shared private swimming pool, which can be covered
- mini gym and sun bed
- Children's games